Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pictures Speak Louder Than Words

Look at this.

What does it do to you? What strikes you? How do you feel?

The first time I looked at this, I almost couldn't breathe. It took me about ten minutes to finally soak it all in.

Look at the striking colors of his eyes. Now look at the very intricate design of the face paint. The countries are separated, the rivers are there, and things like plains and mountains are even there!

Just looking at this gorgeous and obviously African person, my heart almost cries. What is he saying?

Now look back at his eyes. What do they say, specifically?

His eyes write a complete and detailed story that is nearly impossible to forget. Through his eyes, I see hardship and grief.

Look at his lips. They build off the eyes' story. It seems to be to be somewhat of an almost sad, but very serious expression.

It's been almost a month since I saw this picture for the first time. I can't get it off my mind. It's so beautiful, so emotional, and completely impossible to forget.

1 comment: