Sunday, May 22, 2011

Toms' One Day Without Shoes!!

(Please pardon how VERY late these pictures are....it took me forever to figure out how to put pictures on this...sorry!)

Toms' One Day Without Shoes was SO fun!! I got to go to school, voice class, and work completely barefoot! Although, I did have to be very careful where I walked; I have stepped on far too many bees, sharp rocks, and little sister earrings for my feet to do much more.

Here are some pictures from the day:


"Fact #1 Growing Up Without Shoes--in many developing countries, children must walk barefoot for miles to school, clean water, and medical help."



"Fact #2 Injury and Disease--hundreds of millions of children are at risk of injury, infection, & soil-transmitted diseases that most can't afford to prevent and treat."

Fact #3 Education and Opportunity--Children who are healthy are more likely to be sucessful students & access to education is a critical determinant or long-term success."


"Fact #4 A Better Tomorrow--healthy, educated children have a better chance of improving the future of their entire community."




The barefootians.



He wanted to make sure he was in the picture. I think I got 'cha, Garrick. :)

"With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. ONE FOR ONE."

No comments:

Post a Comment