Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'

I love summer.

A lot.

(I just don't really like the heat; I'd far rather it be cold enough that I could only wear jeans and jackets or sweatshirts and my trusty Toms--maybe I should move to England for a semester...)

Summer is a time for me that I can work hard at earning money, hang out with my friends that disappeared under a stack of school books and homework assignments, practice my instruments, exercise, "spring clean" my room (spring is way to close to midterms, so my cleaning generally happens during the summer), get my hair done, go to camp, and ride horses. What part of that is not amazing?!

Well, now summer has come to a close.

As I sit here, writing this, I am in Santa Barbara at my college, Westmont, with most of my belongings unpacked, my three fish in baggies at my parents' hotel (traumatized from the drive up) waiting to be relocated to their tanks on my desk, my two froggies hiding under their log in their terrarium (traumatized from the drive up), and my new MacBook Air (which I still have absolutely no idea how to work) set up on my desk.

Class starts on Monday.

Am I nervous?

Incredibly.

Am I excited?

Extremely.

Am I ready?

Probably not, but here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment