Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Time! Got the Time Tick-Tick-Tickin' in my Head

I am confused.

(Isn't that a great opening to a blog? Or a book? I should write a book....yes, yes I should. Perhaps I will when I don't have 2395235 million things going on at the same time.)

Rewind to your senior year of high school (or frankly any school year at all). Do you remember how long the school year lasted? It seemed like summer would NEVER come and you would be stuck in {insert grade of your choice here} forEVER.

Now rewind (or fastforward!) to your freshman year of college. It seems like it lasts like (exactly) .34 seconds (okay, maybe not so exact, but you know what I mean). 

Didn't I just move in to room 231 in Page Hall like last week?! Didn't I just start my first class as a college student? Didn't I just discover just how fattening and icky the food in the DC is (for the most part--some of the salads are d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.)?

Nope.

That was about eight months ago. (Say what?!) Yup, eight months.

I am not even close to being done (mentally) with my first year of college. In a blink of an eye, I will be walking down an aisle wearing a big gown and a strange hat that ruins my perfectly (or maybe not-so-perfectly) done hair to receive my degree and a "congratulations" from the President (of Westmont College). SCARY thought.

How does the time highschool (or any education under that) go by sooooooo slowly, but the time in college FLIES by without even so much as a warning!?

Perhaps it is that I am SO much more busy in college....
Perhaps it is that college is SO much more fun than any other grade....

I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment