Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Are You My Mother?

During orientation, Westmont had a meeting solely for the Page Hall girls (my dorm, FYI). In this meeting, our RD, Shannon, confronted the issue of husband hunting--something all of us girls have been tempted to do--that includes me.

I mean, it is very likely I will meet my Prince Charming (or my Michael Hosea for all you Redeeming Love fans) here despite the terrible 2:1 ratio of girls to guys. My parents met here. My friend's parents met here. It's very likely! So likely, in fact, that it has been hard for me to not look at any random guy and think to myself "Are you my husband?" despite the fact that I'm so not boy-crazy or terribly interested in a boyfriend currently. I kinda feel like the baby bird in the book Are You My Mother?.

Shannon made an excellent point during that meeting, "Girls, you may not meet your husbands here, but you will meet some of your bridesmaids."

Great. Now every time I look at my suite-mates, I think "Are you my bridesmaid?".

2 comments: