Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mother Knows Best

Since I started school this year I have learned many, MANY things. A good deal of those learned things are things my mother attempted to teach me. Here is a list of what my mother tried to teach me only to have me have to relearn it.

~bedtime. Ugh. I used to read late into the night. She would always come in, take my book, and shut of the light. I'd wake up somewhat grouchy, but would be fine in an hour. Now I can read until 3:00 in the morning and have nobody to come in and force me to go to bed. I, now, am a living, breathing zombie who takes naps at every opportunity.

~study habits. This one is embarrassing. My mama would have me study each class for about an hour after I got all my homework done and I got pretty darn good grades. Now, as soon as I get my homework done, it's nap time. Immediately. And my grades aren't a a fan of this new schedule.

~laundry. Oops. Yep, this one too. It really shouldn't be so hard to pause my studies, walk down the hall, down the stairs, and into the laundry room with a basket of laundry, detergent, and my laundry card, but trust me--it IS.

~eating. Old schedule--cereal, eggs, granola bar, or toast for breakfast; sandwich for lunch; and something like a chicken breast, broccoli, garlic bread, and caesar salad for dinner. New schedule--no breakfast; sandwich for lunch; and whatever unhealthy food the DC has out tonight or an overdressed salad for dinner.

~spending. Actually, spending is not the problem. Earning is. I earn about one-third weekly of what I used to.

In the words of a brilliant song in a fantastic Disney movie "Mother knows best. Listen to your mother."

1 comment: